You can't help everyone everywhere, but you can help someone somewhere. And that somewhere can be right here in your community. And here is how:
You may make a tax deductible contribution to Gifts of Love in many ways:
- By donating/purchasing tickets on a secure website Donate Online.
- By sending your donation directly to:
Gifts of Love
34 East Main Street, Avon, CT 06001
- By participating in special events such as our auction and fashion show - Walk Against Hunger in May, Ready Set Cook in the summer and the annual Fall Gala.
- By volunteering your time
- Gifts of Securities - Donating appreciated securities, often stock or mutual fund shares, is a great way to help Gifts of Love and potentially reduce your tax bill. Gifts of Love benefits by the market value of the appreciated securities. By donating rather than liquidating the securities and providing cash, you avoid paying taxes on their appreciation and receive an income tax deduction for the market value of the securities, and don't pay capital gains taxes on the appreciation of the securities. Please consult your tax advisor for further details. We're happy to provide the information necessary to transfer appreciated securities to Gifts of Love.
- Planned Gift - Include Gifts of Love in your estate planning. Contact your tax advisor or Leave a Legacy. LEAVE A LEGACY Connecticut, a statewide public awareness effort to promote charitable giving through wills and estates. Log on for more information and ways to include Gifts of Love in your estate planning.
Please consider making a gift using our secure online form. Gifts of Love is committed to helping people struggling to help themselves. Please consider a tax-deductible cash donation today.
- Provides groceries to a single parent with 3 children and no child support allowing her to avoid the choice between paying for food or fuel.
- Provides household items to a working mother of 2 who recently left an abusive situation with nothing but her children.
- Supplies a family with beds and linens for their children avoiding intervention from DCF and possible removal of the children from the home.
- Provides a backpack full of school supplies to a high school student struggling to realize his or her full potential.
- Helps an elderly couple raising their grandchildren by giving the children winter coats when new medical prescriptions consume their small fixed income.
"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."